geronimo-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Sachin Patel (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Closed: (GERONIMODEVTOOLS-69) Unable to define a new remote server by File--New--Server--Server
Date Tue, 08 Aug 2006 19:29:15 GMT
     [ http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMODEVTOOLS-69?page=all ]

Sachin Patel closed GERONIMODEVTOOLS-69.
----------------------------------------

    Resolution: Fixed

fixed with revision 429789

> Unable to define a new remote server by File--New--Server--Server
> -----------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: GERONIMODEVTOOLS-69
>                 URL: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMODEVTOOLS-69
>             Project: Geronimo-Devtools
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: eclipse-plugin
>    Affects Versions: 1.0.0
>         Environment: Eclipse Geronimo Plugin 1.0.0 TAG Rev379240, WTP 1.0.1 candidate
wtp-sdk-R-1.0.1-200602171228.zip and its pre-requisites, Eclipse 3.1.2
>            Reporter: Lin Sun
>         Assigned To: Sachin Patel
>
> With a clean workspace this is very easy to recreate.  Steps:
> 1) launch eclipse using -clean and -debug options
> 2) Click on File--New--Server--Server, and define a Remote server B.  
> 3) Enter the directory path to a local geronimo server as the server runtime.
> 4) At the screen that contains rmi, http, ejb ports and administrator username/password,
you will see everything is filled out as default (1099, 8080....) but on the top there is
a red X is not valid.   
> 5) Click on Finish to finish defining the server.
> 6)  Open server at the server tab (under J2EE view). saw the following in the debug console
and URL is null:
> Starting application: 19188
> org.apache.geronimo.devtools.eclipse.core:  GeronimoServerBehavior.initialize()
> org.apache.geronimo.devtools.eclipse.core:  startUpdateServerStateTask() Apache
> Geronimo 1.0
> org.apache.geronimo.devtools.eclipse.core:  --> UpdateServerStateTask.run() Apac
> he Geronimo 1.0
> org.apache.geronimo.devtools.eclipse.core:  URL = null
> org.apache.geronimo.devtools.eclipse.core:  <-- UpdateServerStateTask.run() Apac
> he Geronimo 1.0
> The workaround is to define a local server A, and open the server and modify the host
to server B and save it.    With that I can see the URL set correctly from the debug console.
> org.apache.geronimo.devtools.eclipse.core:  GeronimoServerBehavior.initialize()
> org.apache.geronimo.devtools.eclipse.core:  startUpdateServerStateTask() Apache
> Geronimo 1.0
> org.apache.geronimo.devtools.eclipse.core:  --> UpdateServerStateTask.run() Apac
> he Geronimo 1.0
> org.apache.geronimo.devtools.eclipse.core:  URL = service:jmx:rmi://localhost/jn
> di/rmi://localhost:1099/JMXConnector
> I tried to search the "red X is not valid" message of the devtools files, could not find
any hit of "not valid".  Guess it is a message from the GenericServer.   I can attach the
screenshot of the error if needed.

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
If you think it was sent incorrectly contact one of the administrators: http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/Administrators.jspa
-
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira

        

Mime
View raw message