geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject M2 Test Failures [Re: Maven2... we are almost there!]
Date Tue, 08 Aug 2006 16:58:13 GMT
David Jencks, Alan and Jeff the exceptions Joe has pointed out below
in Connector, Security, and Tomcat are caused by bad tests or
possibly a bad pom.  Can you take a look at them?

Thanks,

-dain

On Aug 8, 2006, at 8:16 AM, Joe Bohn wrote:

> I'm trying to build with m2 on windows with some suspicious results.
>
> Right now I'm getting a number of errors just trying to run bootstrap.
>
> One of my windows machines claims that it is successful while the
> other one fails with this error:
> [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
> [INFO]
> --
> [INFO] Destination c:\geronimo\m2-assemblies\geronimo-tomcat-j2ee
> \target\archive-tmp\repository\org\apache\geronimo\configs
> \webconsole-tomcat\1.2-SNAPSHOT\webconsole-tomcat-1.2-SNAPSHOT.car
> already exists!
> [INFO]
> --
> [INFO]
> --
> [INFO] Total time: 5 minutes 3 seconds
> [INFO] Finished at: Tue Aug 08 09:24:29 EDT 2006
> [INFO] Final Memory: 55M/104M
> [INFO]
> --
> bootstrap: Bootstrap failed in stage assemble
>
> I was talking with Prasad offline on this and he thinks that the
> failure is because of the windows long name issue causing the
> cleanup to fail. I'll manually clean things up and try again on
> that machine.

The path you have above is only 171 characters which is well within
the 256 character limit.

> [...]
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.attemptFullStart(
> GBeanInstanceState.java:267)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.start
> (GBeanInstanceState.java:102)
> 	at
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.startRecursive
> (GBeanInstanceState.java:124)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.startRecursive
> (GBeanInstance.java:540)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.startRecursiveGBean
> (BasicKernel.java:379)
> 	at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationUtil.startConfiguration
> GBeans(ConfigurationUtil.java:374)
> 	at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.KernelConfigurationManager.start
> (KernelConfigurationManager.java:187)
> 	at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.restartCo
> nfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:628)
> 	at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.restartCo
> nfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:588)
> 	at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationManagerTest.testRestart
> Exception(ConfigurationManagerTest.java:236)
>         at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke
> (NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
> 	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke
> (DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
> 	at junit.framework.TestCase.runTest(TestCase.java:154)
> 	at junit.framework.TestCase.runBare(TestCase.java:127)
> 	at junit.framework.TestResult$1.protect(TestResult.java:106)
> 	at junit.framework.TestResult.runProtected(TestResult.java:124)
> 	at junit.framework.TestResult.run(TestResult.java:109)
> 	at junit.framework.TestCase.run(TestCase.java:118)
> 	at junit.framework.TestSuite.runTest(TestSuite.java:208)
> 	at junit.framework.TestSuite.run(TestSuite.java:203)
> 	at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor17.invoke(Unknown Source)
> 	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke
> (DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
> 	at org.apache.maven.surefire.junit.JUnitTestSet.execute
> (JUnitTestSet.java:210)
> 	at
> org.apache.maven.surefire.suite.AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.executeTest
> Set(AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.java:135)
> 	at
> org.apache.maven.surefire.suite.AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.execute
> (AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.java:122)
> 	at org.apache.maven.surefire.Surefire.run(Surefire.java:129)
> 	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke
> (NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
> 	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke
> (DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
> 	at
> org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireBooter.runSuitesInProcess
> (SurefireBooter.java:225)
> 	at org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireBooter.main

That test is testing the ability to handle runtime exceptions from
startup. Here is the code:

     private static void checkFail(String objectName) {
         if (shouldFail.contains(objectName)) {
             throw new RuntimeException("FAILING");
         }
     }

> [...]
> Unable to obtain Princpal Name for authentication
> javax.security.auth.login.LoginException: Unable to obtain Princpal
> Name for authentication
> 	at com.sun.security.auth.module.Krb5LoginModule.promptForName
> (Krb5LoginModule.java:622)
> 	at
> com.sun.security.auth.module.Krb5LoginModule.attemptAuthentication
> (Krb5LoginModule.java:544)
> 	at com.sun.security.auth.module.Krb5LoginModule.login
> (Krb5LoginModule.java:475)
> 	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke
> (NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
> 	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke
> (DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
> 	at javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.invoke(LoginContext.java:
> 675)
> 	at javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.access$000
> (LoginContext.java:129)
> 	at javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext$4.run(LoginContext.java:
> 610)
> 	at javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.invokeModule
> (LoginContext.java:607)
> 	at javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.login(LoginContext.java:
> 534)
> 	at
> org.apache.geronimo.security.jaas.LoginKerberosNonGeronimoTest.testLog
> in(LoginKerberosNonGeronimoTest.java:112)
> 	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke
> (NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
> 	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke
> (DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
> 	at junit.framework.TestCase.runTest(TestCase.java:154)
> 	at junit.framework.TestCase.runBare(TestCase.java:127)
> 	at junit.framework.TestResult$1.protect(TestResult.java:106)
> 	at junit.framework.TestResult.runProtected(TestResult.java:124)
> 	at junit.framework.TestResult.run(TestResult.java:109)
> 	at junit.framework.TestCase.run(TestCase.java:118)
> 	at junit.framework.TestSuite.runTest(TestSuite.java:208)
> 	at junit.framework.TestSuite.run(TestSuite.java:203)
> 	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke
> (NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
> 	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke
> (DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
> 	at org.apache.maven.surefire.junit.JUnitTestSet.execute
> (JUnitTestSet.java:210)
> 	at
> org.apache.maven.surefire.suite.AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.executeTest
> Set(AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.java:135)
> 	at
> org.apache.maven.surefire.suite.AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.execute
> (AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.java:160)
> 	at org.apache.maven.surefire.Surefire.run(Surefire.java:81)
> 	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke
> (NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
> 	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke
> (DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
> 	at
> org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireBooter.runSuitesInProcess
> (SurefireBooter.java:182)
> 	at org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireBooter.main

That exception was caused by a strange security test which basically
follows this code:
         try{
             // test a kerberos login
         } catch (LoginException e) {
             e.printStackTrace();
             // May not have kerberos
         }

If this is acceptable, can we remove the printStackTrace?

> and then later following by a bunch of these:
>
> java.lang.AssertionError
> 	at
> org.apache.geronimo.connector.outbound.SubjectInterceptor.getConnectio
> n(SubjectInterceptor.java:50)
> 	at
> org.apache.geronimo.connector.outbound.ConnectionHandleInterceptor.get
> Connection(ConnectionHandleInterceptor.java:43)
> 	at
> org.apache.geronimo.connector.outbound.TCCLInterceptor.getConnection
> (TCCLInterceptor.java:39)
> 	at
> org.apache.geronimo.connector.outbound.ConnectionTrackingInterceptor.g
> etConnection(ConnectionTrackingInterceptor.java:66)
> 	at
> org.apache.geronimo.connector.outbound.AbstractConnectionManager.alloc
> ateConnection(AbstractConnectionManager.java:61)
> 	at
> org.apache.geronimo.connector.mock.MockConnectionFactory.getConnection
> (MockConnectionFactory.java:52)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.connector.mock.MockConnectionFactory.getConnection
> (MockConnectionFactory.java:48)
> 	at
> org.apache.geronimo.connector.outbound.ConnectionManagerTestUtils
> $1.invoke(ConnectionManagerTestUtils.java:84)
> 	at
> org.apache.geronimo.connector.outbound.ConnectionManagerTestUtils.invo
> ke(ConnectionManagerTestUtils.java:123)
> 	at
> org.apache.geronimo.connector.outbound.connectiontracking.DefaultCompo
> nentInterceptor.invoke(DefaultComponentInterceptor.java:53)
> 	at
> org.apache.geronimo.connector.outbound.ConnectionManagerStressTest
> $1.run(ConnectionManagerStressTest.java:76)

I think that one is a bad connector test.  Like the kerberos test
above it tries to do something and if it doesn't work it just prints
a stacktrace:

for (int i = 0; i < repeatCount; i++) {
     try {
         defaultComponentInterceptor.invoke(new
ConnectorInstanceContextImpl(new HashSet(), new HashSet()));
         long duration = System.currentTimeMillis() - start;
         if (duration > 100) {
             localSlowCount++;
             System.out.println("got a cx: " + i + ", time: " +
(duration));
         }
     } catch (Throwable throwable) {
         throwable.printStackTrace();
     }
}

> [...]

> (DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
> 	at org.apache.maven.surefire.junit.JUnitTestSet.execute
> (JUnitTestSet.java:210)
> 	at
> org.apache.maven.surefire.suite.AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.executeTest
> Set(AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.java:135)
> 	at
> org.apache.maven.surefire.suite.AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.execute
> (AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.java:122)
> 	at org.apache.maven.surefire.Surefire.run(Surefire.java:129)
> 	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke
> (NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
> 	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke
> (DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
> 	at
> org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireBooter.runSuitesInProcess
> (SurefireBooter.java:225)
> 	at org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireBooter.main

This one is cause by the jsp spec jar not being in the class path of
the jasper servlet.  This is either caused by a missing dependency in
the pom or a bad test.

-dain