geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <>
Subject Possible blocker for 1.1.1 -- console broken
Date Wed, 16 Aug 2006 01:43:45 GMT
Bill Dudney found a problem with the console -- see GERONIMO-2326

I've been able to reproduce it on branches/1.1 so I expect it is
also  a problem on 1.1.1.  I think the problem only occurs when you
try to deploy a non-xa driver, which then includes a database url
with lots of colons in the servlet/portlet url.  These colons don't
work with the new fixes alan put in to the web app security.

I think the solution is to encode the db urls, but I'm not sure when
the url is being constructed nor if the encoding should be our
responsibility or pluto's   If any console experts such as  Aaron
have any ideas that would be great.

As a completely separate issue it looks like the work in rev 412804
did not make it into trunk... I'm getting worried about drift between
the versions.

david jencks

View raw message