geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: 1.1.1 Status - XSD and DTD issues
Date Fri, 18 Aug 2006 19:52:37 GMT
I've uploaded a preliminary version of the proposed schema jar at

people.apache.org/~djencks/geronimo-schema_1.4_spec-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

We should be able to remove all the schemas and xmlbeans stuff from
j2ee-schema module and instead have a geronimo-dependency.xml element
to pull in the above jar.

In m1 these geronimo-dependency.xml files are generated by our
dependency plugin, but for m2 you have to write it yourself and put
it in src/resources2/META-INF/geronimo-dependency.xml

I have some more work to do on the proposed new module to put the
xmlbeans stuff in a separate profile so the source is not generated
each time it's run.  I'll open a jira with the new module when I get
it working better.  I assume this has to go through RTC.... maybe it
can be kind of quick since we are basically just changing where we
build and compile the exact same classes as before.

thanks
david jencks