geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Aaron Mulder" <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Car plugin
Date Tue, 22 Aug 2006 14:14:24 GMT
> > I think any problem with the deployer can be avoided by specifying the
> > correct set of dependencies and configuration info in the project POM
> > (to force it to use only 1.1 JARs/CARs and the 1.1 deployer GBean).
> > But if any of the kernel/system interfaces changed, that would
> > probably stop working.
>
> Actually, that' s the main problem.

I'm not convinced.  If I understand this correctly, you got a problem
when the G 1.2 service builder attempted to do something with a G 1.1
deployment plan.  I think you can avoid the 1.2 service builder being
invoked by listing all the 1.1 dependencies explicitly.  Is that not
what's going on?

Thanks,
     Aaron