geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Aaron Mulder" <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Car plugin
Date Tue, 22 Aug 2006 14:05:22 GMT
> I'm not sure anyone thought of this use case: I certainly didn't.
> Did you find that a small change makes the trunk car plugin work with
> 1.1?  If so I'm certainly willing to consider trying to maintain
> compatibility.

They certainly have -- I've asked about this before.  I specifically
asked to have a working car-maven-plugin along with any reuqired G
libs saved as a new version so we could refer to that version
eternally and not have to worry about upgrades causing problems.
Jason said he couldn't do it but he was going to publish a new
snapshot...

> We could also maybe put a tiny m2 project in branches/1.1 with a
> version of this plugin that works with 1.1

I think the problem is not so much the plugin itself, as the fact that
the plugin is built against G 1.2 JARs (for the kernel and system
modules, etc.).

I think any problem with the deployer can be avoided by specifying the
correct set of dependencies and configuration info in the project POM
(to force it to use only 1.1 JARs/CARs and the 1.1 deployer GBean).
But if any of the kernel/system interfaces changed, that would
probably stop working.

Thanks,
     Aaron