geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Aaron Mulder" <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: AJAX and Geronimo
Date Mon, 14 Aug 2006 15:15:12 GMT
OK, so if I understand this right DWR provides the ability to invoke
server-side Java APIs and translate arguments and return types between
JavaScript and Java.  Whereas Dojo provided more graphical bells and
whistles like the ability to manipulate the page DOM, but only on the
client side.  So you might use an app-specific DWR transport to call
something on the server, and then hand off the response to the shared
Dojo scripts to create some new content on the screen and make it
wiggle or something.  Is that about right?

Thanks,
     Aaron