geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Aaron Mulder" <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Java 1.4 and JEE 5
Date Mon, 14 Aug 2006 03:24:12 GMT
On 8/8/06, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:
> I'd like to chime in with the Cayenne JPA provider here. Could you
> point me in the right direction on how to approach integrating it
> with the plugin you are writing?

Andrus,

I've put the initial JPA plugin code up on SourceForge at SVN
https://svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/gplugins/jpa/trunk

There's a JPA provider for TopLink in there (vendors/toplink) -- for
Cayenne, you can probably just copy that module and change the
ToplinkProvider class to a CayenneProvider class.  We'd also need to
create a module like plugins/cayenne to hold the Geronimo deployment
plan and plugin metadata for the Cayenne provider -- the main thing we
need for that is a list of all the JARs that the Cayenne JPA provider
will need on its class path.

Regrettably, I don't think you'll be able to build this whole thing
(specifically the plugins/* modules) as is because I'm waiting on some
Geronimo archives to be posted to the Maven 2 repo.  If you like, I
can probably send you a zip of the missing modules that you could
unpack into your local M2 repo to get the plugin modules to build.
This also will only run on the as-yet-unreleased Geronimo 1.1.1 due to
some bugs in G 1.1...  I'm hoping the 1.1.1-rc1 will be available
soon.

Thanks,
     Aaron