geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Aaron Mulder" <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/geronimo/deployment/plugin/ConfigIDExtractor
Date Fri, 11 Aug 2006 14:48:34 GMT
The error is from the hot deployer, and the hot deployer puts in a
little delay before it runs in order to let everything else finish
starting.  It didn't seem reasonable to try to put in service
dependencies on all the other deployers, since we don't really know
what will change with time, plugins, etc., so IIRC it just starts a
thread with like a 5 or 10 second sleep before it processes the stuff
in the hot deploy dir.

As for the actual problem, I assume the hot deploy module POM is
missing a dependency on one of the other deploy modules.

Thanks,
     Aaron