geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Aaron Mulder" <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: problem installing plugin for web console in g 1.1
Date Thu, 10 Aug 2006 22:01:40 GMT
This is because the Maven metadata in the Maven 2 repository on
ibiblio is wrong.  I'm surprised -- I would have thought this was
updated when we published our 1.1 JARs.  Anyway, look here:

http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2/geronimo/geronimo-timer/maven-metadata.xml

Notice that there's no 1.1 listed, even though
http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2/geronimo/geronimo-timer/1.1/ exists.

So the path we took to get here is because we need a module and
there's no version in the dependency, we find the first server that
has a matching module and take the highest version it has.  I can
probably work around this by putting a full set of Geronimo artifacts
on geronimoplugins.com (so we won't fall back to ibiblio for those
modules), though again, the real fix is to correct the Maven metadata
on ibiblio.  I have no idea how to do that.

Thanks,
     Aaron