geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Aaron Mulder" <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: How to resolve JMS Dependency ?
Date Tue, 08 Aug 2006 15:31:47 GMT
OK, let's back up a bit.

In order to reference JMS resources from a web app:

 * For a connection factory, use a resource-ref (I think you did this)
 * For a topic or queue in J2EE 1.4 / Servlet 2.4, use a
messsage-destination-ref
 * For a topic or queue in J2EE < 1.4 / Servlet < 2.4, use a resource-env-ref

So your queue reference was not correct in the snippets you posted.
For a walkthrough of the correct syntax, see
http://chariotsolutions.com/geronimo/geronimo-1.1/web-plan.html#web-plan-jms
(section 11.3.5.5 has a discussion with examples of both styles).
Your EJB JAR used EJB 2.0, which suggests that you're using J2EE 1.3,
but you might be using Servlet 2.4 anyway, which would make the
difference.

If you want more specific help, you'll need to post your web.xml files.

Thanks,
     Aaron