geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Aaron Mulder" <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Maven2... we are almost there!
Date Mon, 07 Aug 2006 14:48:46 GMT
> On Aug 6, 2006, at 2:05 PM, Aaron Mulder wrote:
> > * If a Geronimo server is running on the same machine, the bootstrap
> > will fail due to test errors.  It failed before OpenEJB was checked
> > out.
>
> Is this specific to the m2 build?  What are the specific errors, in
> which modules?

It happened in M1 build too, but there wasn't so much on the line in
the M1 build because it was easier to take up from where you left off,
whereas bootstrap (especially with tests) is more or less a giant
all-or-nothing.  The problem, the first problem anyway, is in the
security module tests, and I don't know the specific errors but it
connects to the running Geronimo server instead of a test instance and
gets hosed up.

> Bootstrap is not meant to get everything up and running as quickly as
> possible... it only exists as a temporary measure to help ensure that
> the team can build and get predictable results while minimizing user
> error.

Hmm.  But we only recommend running bootstrap once right?  Not every
time you build?

Are we planning to get rid of bootstrap relatively quickly or is that
always going to be part of the "first build" procedure?

Thanks,
    Aaron