geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Aaron Mulder" <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Maven2... we are almost there!
Date Mon, 07 Aug 2006 11:59:27 GMT
> On Aug 6, 2006, at 2:21 PM, Aaron Mulder wrote:
> > * OpenEJB downloads specs instead of using the ones build during the
> > prior spec build phase
>
> The specs built from bootstrap are only for the JavaMail bits that
> Rick added... and is again temporary until we get things published
> regularly from CI.

So we have to build like 20 specs just to get JavaMail?  That's
bizarre -- why don't we just check out JavaMail?

> > * One of the applications (I think it said Demo, but I'm not sure
> > which that is) downloaded Servlet and JSP specs that weren't from the
> > Geronimo specs project at all
>
> Details Aaron please.  I can't possibly begin to do anything based on
> this statement.

Really?  It was enough for me to grep my bootstrap.log:

[INFO] Building Geronimo Applications :: Demo
[INFO]    task-segment: [install]
Downloading: http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository/javax/servlet/jsp-api/2.0/jsp-api-2.0.pom
Downloading: http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository/javax/servlet/servlet-api/2.4/servlet-api-2.4.pom
Downloading: http://repo.mergere.com/maven2/javax/servlet/jsp-api/2.0/jsp-api-2.0.jar
Downloading: http://repo.mergere.com/maven2/javax/servlet/servlet-api/2.4/servlet-api-2.4.jar

> > * I swear I'm running everything under Java 1.4, and I did a whole
> > new bootstrap build, and the OpenEJB compile worked, but the bootstrap
> > ultimately failed with:
> >
> > [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
> > [INFO]
> > --
> > [INFO] java.io.IOException: Unable to serialize GBeanData for
> > org.apache.geronimo.configs/j2ee-corba/1.2-SNAPSHOT/car?
> > ServiceModule=org.apache.geronimo.configs/j2ee-corba/1.2-SNAPSHOT/
> > car,j2eeType=CORBABean,name=UnprotectedServer
> >
> > org/omg/CSI/EstablishContext
>
> I have not seen this.  Has anyone else?
>

> > Maybe this isn't my fault?  Maybe someone push bad CORBA specs again?
>
> No sure... what platform?  Did you have a clean repo, or did you
> circumvent the repo cleaning?

Clean repo.

Thanks,
     Aaron