geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Aaron Mulder" <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Maven2... we are almost there!
Date Sun, 06 Aug 2006 21:05:36 GMT
So I've discovered a couple things about the M2 build:

 * If a Geronimo server is running on the same machine, the bootstrap
will fail due to test errors.  It failed before OpenEJB was checked
out.

 * There does not seem to be a way to get bootstrap to skip tests.  I
think it should skip test for everything.  The most important function
of bootstrap is to get up and running as quickly as possible, not to
run tests.  This would avoid the issue above, and improve the first
build speed.

 * I accidentally ran bootstrap under Java 5.  Since then, my Geronimo
1.1 OpenEJB build is breaking on account of bad CORBA specs.  I don't
get it (M1/M2?), and I'm having trouble getting 1.1 to build again.

Thanks,
     Aaron