geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Aaron Mulder" <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Remove server-environment from app client
Date Sun, 06 Aug 2006 19:13:09 GMT
> How do we install the required yet idiotic jsr-77 gbean that
> represents the app client without a module to put it in?

So as far as I can tell, it doesn't matter at runtime if the JSR-77
GBean module and the app client module had the same module ID, since
they'll always run in different VMs.  However, it is an issue in
practice because we can't put the config.ser in the same place for
both, and we need one config.ser containing all the client stuff and a
different config.ser containing the JSR-77 GBean.

I'd suggest in the EAR-with-app-client case, we put the app client
JSR-77 GBean in the EAR configuration, just to indicate that the EAR
contains an app client with such-and-such a name.  (You still can't
use it via JMX to start the client in the server VM.)

I'd suggest in the standalone-app-client case, we skip the JSR-77 app
client GBean, since the app client may not be present at all in the
server installation of Geronimo (again, it may be installed only in a
client distribution of Geronimo).  I don't think there's any
requirement that the application client container supports a JSR-77
interface.

Thanks,
     Aaron