geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Aaron Mulder" <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Redeploy problems in branches/1.1.1
Date Thu, 03 Aug 2006 17:11:56 GMT
> > http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-2269
>
> My guess is this one is a side effect of the next one, so I'd fix
> 2270 first and rerun this test case.

I will, though I disagree with your guess -- 2270 is a problem before
the call ever gets to the server, while 2269 is a problem after the
call has gone to the ConfigurationManager and the app has been
distributed and the new version is being started.

> > http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-2270
>
> Didn't you write the redeploy code?

No, couldn't have been me -- my code never has bugs!  :)  I'm sure I
should look at 2270.  I definitely can't take full credit for the
version-less redeploy because that goes through ConfigurationManager,
and I dropped the ball on trying to refactor that code.

But the more relevant question probably is -- how can we end up with a
dead proxy error when looking up a JNDI resource?  The database pool
wasn't redeployed so a reference to it shouldn't become dead, and the
pool isn't in the web app module so the version number for the
database pool shouldn't have changed...  Its a little confusing.

Thanks,
     Aaron