geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Sachin Patel <sppat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: maven-geronimodevtools-plugin & specifying source directory
Date Tue, 22 Aug 2006 12:52:45 GMT
Hi I'm confused as what you're asking.  The Eclipse plugins do build
purely with Maven.

All you need to do is checkout the source...

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/devtools/eclipse-plugin/trunk/

Then run "mvn install".

And thats it.  Then you can import the projects into your Eclipse
workspace and work from there.  I think the source directory is
inherited from the root pom.  Since I was migrating from M1 to M2 I
did not move the source yet into the M2 convention directory.  But
this should not affect building or compilation.

On Aug 22, 2006, at 3:59 AM, Conrad O'Dea wrote:

> ding of Eclipse plugins into a Maven build system.  It would be
> much simpler to just use Maven to build them all if possible.
>
> I've just discovered maven-geronimodevtools-plugin and it looks
> like it fits the bill perfectly.  I've been playing with it a
> little but cannot get maven to pick up the source directory for the
> plugin.
>
> When I build the Geronimo eclipse plugins, the compileSourceRoot
> property is se

-sachin