geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject Global JNDI
Date Thu, 17 Aug 2006 06:08:55 GMT
Earlier this week, David convinced me to help him get the JPA entity
manager factories mapped into JNDI.  And, that was the easy part, he
also wanted it to work in G 1.1.  Today, I finally got it working and
wrote up some very rudimentary instruction on how to manually install
it (need to figure out how to automate this) here:

  http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GMOxSBOX/Global+JNDI+Plugin

Anyway, while writing this code I ended up writing a thread safe
context which althought it isn't publicly modifiable can internally
modify itself.  I also wrote a subclass of this that watches the
kernel for Contexts and adds them to the global name space.  It
occurred to me that with this code plus the code Krishnakumar & Manu
wrote in GERONIMO-2153 we may be able to have a complete global jndi
plugin that can run in G 1.1.

I'm going to try this over the next few days and let you'll if it
works out.

-dain