geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: Anyone know how to make the kernel tests be quiet?
Date Thu, 31 Aug 2006 00:00:45 GMT
I think this is related to the custom log4j bits on geronimo-kernel,
which most modules depend on.  Modules that do not depend on geronimo-
kernel, like geronimo-util and geronimo-activation behave as I would
expect.

I'm gonna dig into it more, and will probably add a custom sys prop
to disable the kernel's logging bits, so that we can set that for
tests and thus get tests to use one log4j configuration.  Though, I'd
imagine that it this is done in a static, that other projects that
use G components that also depend on geronimo-kernel will also end up
with some additional log4j configuration that is unwanted.

I don't want to start up a logging debate... so I think the optional
disable the kernels default should be fine to get test logging back
to normal, producing little console output and full debug to target/
test.log.

--jason