geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Publish Genesis 1.0 to m2 central
Date Tue, 29 Aug 2006 03:25:34 GMT
On Aug 28, 2006, at 7:59 PM, Kevan Miller wrote:
> I appreciate that, I applaud your efforts, and apologize if I'm
> being a PITA. However, we also have a responsibility as a community
> when releasing software. I'm trying to be sure we are addressing
> that responsibility.

Mmmkay.  I'm taking deep breaths... :-]

> For instance, I see that genesis-1.0 includes a software license
> for Clover? News to me, but I confess that genesis has been a bit
> of an unknown to me...
>
> from
> Product: Clover
> License: Open Source License, 0.x, 1.x
> Issued: Sun May 14 2006 21:59:13 CDT
> Expiry: Never
> Maintenance Expiry: Never
> Key: 965016739f4031c43d67e61b0
> Name: Jason Dillon
> Org: Apache Geronimo
>
> Clause 5 of the Clover license says "The Licensee may copy the
> Software for back-up purposes only. The Licensee may not assign or
> otherwise transfer the Software to any third party." IANAL ADNWTB,
> however, this gives me cause for concern. Can you explain what this
> is about?

I have no idea what "IANAL ADNWTB" means.  But Clover grants licenses
for open source projects.  I used the license they granted to me to
be used to run the site builds.  This is shared configuration, which
was checked into genesis to simplify the configuration of modules
which need it to run the plugin.

> How is Groovy licensed? Do we need to include it in LICENSE and
> NOTICE file?

http://svn.codehaus.org/groovy/trunk/groovy/groovy-core/LICENSE.txt

Dunno what should be put into the NOTICE.txt... if you know I can add
it.

> bootstrap and bootstrap.bat should contain an APACHE LICENSE...

Ooookay.

--jason