geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject Re: Yoko and Geronimo
Date Fri, 11 Aug 2006 20:45:36 GMT
On Aug 11, 2006, at 12:40 PM, Dain Sundstrom wrote:

> Rick,
>
> I believe what you really want to do is to use the endorsed
> directory.  This allows you to override the vm implementation of
> endorsed specification such as corba (https://java.sun.com/j2se/
> 1.5.0/docs/guide/standards/index.html).  In general, you should try
> to keep the stuff in the endorsed jar to a minimum as not to
> pollute the class path.  In geronimo, to add something to the
> endorsed dir, you need to add it to our endorsed manifest entry
> "Endorsed-Dirs" (I have no idea where this is set in the build) and
> you need to modify the build to put the jar into lib/endorsed by
> modifying the bin.xml.

I'm dumb.  You simply need to add the jar to lib/endorsed jar in the
boilerplate config (thanks Jason), and add it to the manifest class
path of the j2ee-system configuration (see the pom file in that
dir).  It will be added to the system class path and marked as
endorsed so it can override the corba specs just like we override the
xml specs using xerces.

-dain