geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Dudney <bdud...@mac.com>
Subject Re: New module: geronimo-testsupport
Date Sun, 20 Aug 2006 04:52:14 GMT
Hi Jason,

If you have it extending from TestCase then people will use those
methods in writing their tests which would force the dependency even
if unintended.

Could we make this class a decorator? Then many fewer would be likely
to use it as a superclass but instead would import it and use it
simply to decorate their tests.

BTW I'm all for doing this module and I don't want the TestNG vs
JUnit discussion to detract from getting started. Since it requires
JDK 5 it might be worth forgetting TestNG for now and looking to
convert to TestNG after the move the jdk 5 is complete.

TTFN,

-bd-