geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Car maven plugin dedicated to G 1.1
Date Tue, 22 Aug 2006 20:58:23 GMT
On Aug 22, 2006, at 1:50 PM, Guillaume Nodet wrote:
> If you really want to use a m2 plugin for G 1.1, then I suggest
> someone port the m2 plugin to use G 1.1 artifacts and then add the
> plugin module to the 1.1 branch... make it work and then be done with
> it.
>
> That's what i was suggesting.
> Forking the plugin to make it usable *now* on G 1.1.
> I will begin the backport now.

Thats fine with me... just put it into branches/1.1... no need to
have a separate tree under devtools for this.

There are still some changes that need to be made to the car plugin
to better support accessing dependencies, and additional metadata for
them (which we are over loading dependency/scope with currently) as
well as the ensure the proper classpath when deploying, since it
looks like the m2 plugin dependency system pollutes the classpath of
all plugins.

But, its probably fine to take the car-maven-plugin asis now and
branch it into branches/1.1 and update the dependency information to
point at 1.1 artifacts and just leave it like that.

--jason