geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: Independently version transaction and connector
Date Thu, 10 Aug 2006 02:24:05 GMT
For the record, I do think that it is a good idea to split G up into
some smaller chunks... I am just concerned about how small the chunks
become and how it may eventually lead to chaos.... I've been there
before and would like to avoid it in the future.

I am not against moving transaction and connector bits to separate
peer trees... I am just trying to avoid us moving all modules to
separate trees which would be a massive painful nightmare.  But, I
think that splitting off large/major chunks of G into versioned trees
is the right direction... just need to make sure it does not get out
of hand.

--jason