geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: RTC don't ship any sun schemas or dtds - GERONIMO-2332
Date Mon, 21 Aug 2006 16:56:00 GMT
I've thought about this some more and have some major reservations
about this approach.

- The generated code wont have apache headers, so we can't actually
check in into svn.  There might be a way to fix this with a script of
some kind.

- More seriously, this will eliminate traceability to the source
schema.  Sun has in the past fixed errors in the schema without
changing anything that can be recognized from the generated source.
(I think they changed a date in a comment).  This is a major problem
IMNSHO.

So, I think we need to keep the source schemas in svn.  One way to do
this would be to move this module into the tck project and publish
the binary jar from there.  If we found a way to change the headers
we might be able to publish a source jar too.

So, I'm -0.999 on this proposal at the moment... I think we need to
find a way to get the source schemas into svn.

thanks
david jencks