geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: 1.1.1 Status - XSD and DTD issues
Date Fri, 18 Aug 2006 16:45:41 GMT

On Aug 18, 2006, at 9:22 AM, Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:

> If they are only used during the build process, then don't re-
> distribute
> and therefore this issue then seems out of the critical path for 1.1.1
> and can be solved for 1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1

They are not needed at runtime, but xmlbeans packs the source schemas
into the jar with its other binary artifacts.  We might be able to
prevent their inclusion into our jars, but I don't see how having
them in svn is not redistribution, so I think we need allowable
copies of the j2ee 1.4 schemas in our svn.

thanks
david jencks