geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jay D. McHugh" <...@joyfulnoisewebdesign.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] 1.1.1-rc1 for Release
Date Thu, 31 Aug 2006 14:22:33 GMT
Matt Hogstrom wrote:
> CTS is complete and here is the RC1 for your reviewing pleasure.
> Please send your comments to the dev@geronimo.apache.org list.
>
> If there are no negative comments after Monday, September 5th at 0900
> ET.  We'll move this to be the final and release it.
>
> If there are issues, they will be addressed and another e-mail will be
> issued resetting for an rc2 vote.
>
> Thanks.
>
> *Source*
> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1.1-rc1/geronimo-1.1.1-rc1-src.tar.gz
>
> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1.1-rc1/geronimo-1.1.1-rc1-src.zip
>
> *Specifications*
> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1.1-rc1/geronimo-j2ee-jacc_1.0_spec-1.1.1.jar
>

> *Schemas*
> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1.1-rc1/geronimo-schema-j2ee_1.4-1.0-src.jar
>
> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1.1-rc1/geronimo-schema-j2ee_1.4-1.0.jar
>

> *Distributions*
> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1.1-rc1/geronimo-jetty-j2ee-1.1.1-rc1.tar.gz
>
> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1.1-rc1/geronimo-jetty-j2ee-1.1.1-rc1.zip
>
> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1.1-rc1/geronimo-jetty-minimal-1.1.1-rc1.tar.gz

> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1.1-rc1/geronimo-jetty-minimal-1.1.1-rc1.zip
>

> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1.1-rc1/geronimo-tomcat-j2ee-1.1.1-rc1.tar.gz
>
> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1.1-rc1/geronimo-tomcat-j2ee-1.1.1-rc1.zip
>
> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1.1-rc1/geronimo-tomcat-minimal-1.1.1-rc1.tar.gz

> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1.1-rc1/geronimo-tomcat-minimal-1.1.1-rc1.zip
>

> If you want to build you will need these jars also (will be released
> simultaneously with Geronimo) and these need to be placed in your
> local Maven repository.
>
> *OpenEJB Jars*
> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1.1-rc1/openejb-builder-2.1.1.jar
> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1.1-rc1/openejb-core-2.1.1.jar
> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1.1-rc1/openejb-pkgen-builder-2.1.1.jar
>

> .

Hello,

I tried to install the MySQL JDBC driver (installation worked) and
define my datasource.

Trying to create the datasource using the wizard locked up the browser
and resulted in the following log file (I tried twice - that is why the
error appears two times):

Copying into repository
mysql-connector-java-3.1.13/mysql-connector-java-3.1.13/bin/jar... Finished.
08:41:52,551 ERROR [CoyoteAdapter] An exception or error occurred in the
container during the request processing
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Qualifier patterns must be present
when first URLPattern is an exact pattern
        at javax.security.jacc.URLPatternSpec.<init>(URLPatternSpec.java:98)
        at
javax.security.jacc.WebResourcePermission.<init>(WebResourcePermission.java:47)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.realm.TomcatGeronimoRealm.hasResourcePermission(TomcatGeronimoRealm.java:200)
        at
org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:506)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.GeronimoStandardContext$SystemMethodValve.invoke(GeronimoStandardContext.java:342)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.valve.GeronimoBeforeAfterValve.invoke(GeronimoBeforeAfterValve.java:31)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126)
        at
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107)
        at
org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:541)
        at
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:869)
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:667)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80)
        at
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)
08:42:50,280 ERROR [CoyoteAdapter] An exception or error occurred in the
[...]

I was only able to get through the first page of the wizard before it
locked up.  Here are the values that I entered:

Name of Database Pool:   plc
Database Type:                  MySQL

I also tried deploying from the command line using a deployment XML file
that I saved a while ago and got the following error (The file might not
be in the correct format anymore so this might not be a real issue):

    Error: Unable to connect to server at deployer:geronimo:jmx --
    javax.naming.NoInitialContextException: Can't find property:
    java.naming.factory.initial

Jay