geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: windows build hell
Date Wed, 30 Aug 2006 20:29:54 GMT
Hi Hernan,

I run with the following environment variable set (I think John Sisson
recommended these settings) and it has resolved the OOM errors for me.
I think your specification on the mvn command should have accomplished
the  heap setting part but perhaps you need the MaxPermSize too (or
perhaps it isn't picking it up from the command).

MAVEN_OPTS=-Xmx512m -XX:MaxPermSize=128m

If you get a bsod while running a bootstrap please let me see your
bootstrap.log (or at least the end of it) to see if the pattern remains
consistent.  Since I sent this original note out I've heard from Rick
McGuire with another bsod in TomcatModuleBuilderTest

Joe