geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Genender <jgenen...@apache.org>
Subject Re: windows build hell
Date Wed, 30 Aug 2006 15:46:54 GMT

Joe Bohn wrote:
> 2)  JSP compilation errors
> Problem:
> Embedded error: Unable to compile class for JSP
> Strange error message about JAVA_HOME, etc...
>
> Possible Solution/Work-around:
> Update the pom.xml in the root directory to use version 1.4.5-SNAPSHOT
> (from 1.4.4) for the jspc-maven-plugin.  Not sure if Jeff Genender is
> planning to make 1.4.5 an official release for this.  We're not sure why
> it gets us around the problem so it may be a red herring.

Its not a red herring.  It gets you around the problem because in 1.4.5
I actually hunt down the tools.jar file...in a similar fashion as done
in Ant when running the jspc complier from there. i.e.:

<taskdef classname="org.apache.jasper.JspC" name="jasper2" >
        <classpath>
            <pathelement location="${java.home}/../lib/tools.jar"/>

I have to duplicate that in code.  That's why 1.4.5 works.

The release is under vote.  So far no -1s.  I think I will be able to
release it today as the 72 hours is up.  I'll let this list know when I
have released it.

Jeff