geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Rick McGuire <rkmcgu...@gmail.com>
Subject What does this do?
Date Wed, 30 Aug 2006 10:04:03 GMT
Just when I think I have a complete handle on how GBeans work, someone
throws me a curve ball.  In the process of reworking how the CORBA
objects are configured, I found the following in jetty config (and
repeated in the tomcat config):

    <module
name="org.apache.geronimo.configs/j2ee-corba/${pom.version}/car"
load="false">
        <gbean name="NameServer">
            <attribute name="dbDir">var/cosnaming.db</attribute>
            <attribute name="port">${PlanCOSNamingPort}</attribute>
        </gbean>
        <gbean name="Server">
            <attribute name="args">-ORBInitRef,
NameService=corbaloc::${PlanCOSNamingHost}:${PlanCOSNamingPort}/NameService</attribute>
        </gbean>
        <gbean name="UnprotectedServer">
            <attribute name="args">-ORBInitRef,
NameService=corbaloc::${PlanCOSNamingHost}:${PlanCOSNamingPort}/NameService</attribute>
        </gbean>
    </module>

I missed this earlier because there's no GBean class name, so my
searches for CorbaBean didn't turn anything up.  Are these lines just a
modification for an existing GBean located somewhere else in the
configuration?  Does this just modify attributes of the GBean before it
is started, or does this create a copy of the referenced GBean with the
new attributes merged in?  I'm not even sure why these lines are here.
The values being set are the same as the original configuration.  Is
there some other side effect involved?

Rick