geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Hogstrom <hogst...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [CONSENSUS] Default plugin site (was Re: Frustrations of a Release Manager)
Date Thu, 24 Aug 2006 20:42:49 GMT
I don't think they are competing but complimentary.  If I'm looking at it right the site Paul
is
proposing is a clearing house for all plugin sites that is ASF Geronimo focused.  It then
points to
any number of other plugin sites (geronimoplugins.com would hopefully be the first of many).
 At
least for those that follow Eclipse the naming is similar as well (eclipseplugincentral.com).
 So I
see them as working together based on Paul's proposal and in line with another successful
open
source project.

Another difference is this site was intended to be hosted on ASF infrastructure for the Geronimo

project.  I think the geronimoplugins.com site was specifically hosted externally as it contains
variety of open source licensed code.  Geronimoplugincentral.com is a clearing house and not
warehouse.