geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Rick McGuire <rick...@gmail.com>
Subject Strange build error on trunk
Date Thu, 24 Aug 2006 11:47:27 GMT
I'm getting a strange build error on the latest trunk this morning.  For
some reason, building the JSPs in the applications can no longer locate
the javac compiler.  At first, I thought I had some set up problem on my
Windows system, but when I moved over to my Linux box, I got the same
error.  This occurs both on my working build and fresh builds on both
platforms.

[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Error

Embedded error: Unable to compile class for JSP

Generated servlet error:
Aug 24, 2006 7:38:42 AM org.apache.jasper.compiler.AntCompiler generateClass
SEVERE: Javac exception
Unable to find a javac compiler;
com.sun.tools.javac.Main is not on the classpath.
Perhaps JAVA_HOME does not point to the JDK
        at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.compilers.CompilerAdapterFactory.getCom
piler(CompilerAdapterFactory.java:105)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Javac.compile(Javac.java:924)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Javac.execute(Javac.java:757)
        at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.AntCompiler.generateClass(AntCompiler.java
:219)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:297)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:276)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:264)
        at
org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(JspCompilationContext
.java:563)
        at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.loadTagFile(JspServletWra
pper.java:210)
        at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.TagFileProcessor.loadTagFile(TagFileProces
sor.java:515)
        at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.TagFileProcessor.access$000(TagFileProcess
or.java:48)
        at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.TagFileProcessor$TagFileLoaderVisitor.visi
t(TagFileProcessor.java:566)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Node$CustomTag.accept(Node.java:1441)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Node$Nodes.visit(Node.java:2163)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Node$Visitor.visitBody(Node.java:2213)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Node$Visitor.visit(Node.java:2219)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Node$Root.accept(Node.java:456)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Node$Nodes.visit(Node.java:2163)
        at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.TagFileProcessor.loadTagFiles(TagFileProce
ssor.java:584)
        at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.generateJava(Compiler.java:178)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:295)
        at org.apache.jasper.JspC.processFile(JspC.java:986)
        at org.apache.jasper.JspC.execute(JspC.java:1135)
        at
org.codehaus.mojo.jspc.AbstractJspcMojo.execute(AbstractJspcMojo.java
:180)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPlugi
nManager.java:412)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(Defa
ultLifecycleExecutor.java:534)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLi
fecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:475)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(Defau
ltLifecycleExecutor.java:454)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHan
dleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:306)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegmen
ts(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:273)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLi
fecycleExecutor.java:140)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:322)
        at
java:39)
        at
sorImpl.java:25)
        at
        at

Generated servlet error:
Aug 24, 2006 7:38:42 AM org.apache.jasper.compiler.AntCompiler generateClass

Generated servlet error:
SEVERE: Env: Compile:
javaFileName=/C:/Geronimo/builds/1.2b/applications/geronim
o-examples/geronimo-jsp-examples/target/jsp-source//org/apache/jsp/tag/web\hello
World_tag.java

Generated servlet error: