geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject building eclipse projects with M2 build
Date Wed, 23 Aug 2006 17:53:24 GMT
The cwiki inidicates that we can build projects for eclipse using the m2
build with the following command:

mvn -o eclipse:eclipse

However, when I attempt to do this I get the error below.  Has anybody
been successful in building the eclipse projects using M2?

[INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'eclipse'.
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-eclipse-plugin' does
not exist or no valid version could be found
[INFO]
[INFO] Trace
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: The plugin
'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-eclipse-plugin' does not exist or no
valid version could be f
ound
         at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.verifyPlugin(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:1281)
         at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.getMojoDescriptor(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:1517)
         at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.segmentTaskListByAggregationNeeds(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:381)
         at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:135)
         at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:322)
         at
         at
         at
         at
Caused by:
org.apache.maven.plugin.version.PluginVersionNotFoundException: The
plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-eclipse-plugin' does not exist or
no valid
  version could be found
         at
org.apache.maven.plugin.version.DefaultPluginVersionManager.resolvePluginVersion(DefaultPluginVersionManager.java:225)
         at
org.apache.maven.plugin.version.DefaultPluginVersionManager.resolvePluginVersion(DefaultPluginVersionManager.java:87)
         at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.verifyPlugin(DefaultPluginManager.java:158)
         at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.verifyPlugin(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:1252)
         ... 14 more
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 8 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Wed Aug 23 13:51:13 EDT 2006
[INFO] Final Memory: 19M/37M