geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Hogstrom <m...@hogstrom.org>
Subject Re: Returning to Commit-Then-Review?
Date Wed, 23 Aug 2006 16:53:21 GMT
 From a purely discussion perspective I'm in favor of a change.  I'm not sure a total shift
to CTR
is appropriate but I'm not particularly opposed to it either.  I don't think the development
model
itself is the issue.  The major issue that we've been dealing with is the community dynamics
and
alignment of people's interests and Apache's community model (or lack of alignment).

I would expect that if we were to move to CTR we'd see a continuation of what we're doing
now with
the exception that all changes would not require the current voting requirements.  I plan
on
reviewing the commits as they go in  (as Jason alluded to in another thread).  I think we
all are
expecting more things to be documented via JIRA for improved documentation and communication.
 That
major items are announced as their inspired so the community can provide feedback in the form
of
comments or assistance.  We all assume comments are constructive and spend a few minutes thinking

about an e-mail before sending it (boy and I guilty of violating this one:)

Overall, I'm in favor of changing.  Part of me would like to simply go to RTC and let the
community
dynamics prove themselves.  Definitely not a return to the previous model though.