geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Rick McGuire <rick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Yoko and Geronimo
Date Wed, 23 Aug 2006 10:10:03 GMT
Dain Sundstrom wrote:
> On Aug 11, 2006, at 12:40 PM, Dain Sundstrom wrote:
>
>> Rick,
>>
>> I believe what you really want to do is to use the endorsed
>> directory.  This allows you to override the vm implementation of
>> endorsed specification such as corba
>> (https://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/standards/index.html).
>> In general, you should try to keep the stuff in the endorsed jar to a
>> minimum as not to pollute the class path.  In geronimo, to add
>> something to the endorsed dir, you need to add it to our endorsed
>> manifest entry "Endorsed-Dirs" (I have no idea where this is set in
>> the build) and you need to modify the build to put the jar into
>> lib/endorsed by modifying the bin.xml.
>
> I'm dumb.  You simply need to add the jar to lib/endorsed jar in the
> boilerplate config (thanks Jason), and add it to the manifest class
> path of the j2ee-system configuration (see the pom file in that dir).
> It will be added to the system class path and marked as endorsed so it
> can override the corba specs just like we override the xml specs using
> xerces.
Ok, this looks pretty simple, but, unfortunately, it only addresses the
issues when running/building Geronimo.  I'm running into a problem
trying to get the unit tests to run while building openejb2.  I've been
trying to find the equivalent touch points in the openejb2 build, and
have not had much success.  I'm definitely skating on thin ice (not good
for a person of my size :-) ) when it comes to the m2 stuff, so I'd
appreciate any help/pointers I can get on this.

Rick