geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: 1.2 Release - Who's next and what is it?
Date Tue, 22 Aug 2006 21:43:52 GMT
I've started playing with a "mini-G" assembly (for lack of a better
term) which doesn't even include a web server.  I'm also looking at
building plugins for tomcat, jetty, etc...  The intent to use mini-G as
the base and plugins to build a tailor-made Geronimo assembly to fit a
user's requirements rather than a one-size-fits-all assemblies.  IIUC,
this was part of the original intent behind the plugins so I think this
fits in pretty well with the general direction based upon discussions
I've seen.

At the moment what I have is pretty immature, but I was going to start
to get some discussion/ideas on this with dev shortly after I had gained
a better understanding of plugins in general by creating a first pass at
a tomcat plugin.

Joe