geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Hogstrom <>
Subject 1.2 Release - Who's next and what is it?
Date Tue, 22 Aug 2006 18:09:39 GMT

Aaron started a thread back a ways about the 1.2 release.  I know that there has been discussion,

interest and some action in getting it on the table.  At this point I'm not exactly sure what
goals are for the next step of Geronimo and when it will be done.

First step is defining what goes into the release and then who wants to guide the release
fruition.  I'll start the what's in it thread and I think the whose going to do it will get
once we finish this piece.

Given our past experience if we would like to hit another dot release this year then I think
we have
to be releasing in November.  Thanksgiving and Christmas seem to burn up the last month and
a half.
  So I think a release around November 15th sounds about right.

This means (working backwards) we'd need to have a branch by October 15th.  So, with that
in mind we
have a little less than 2 months for development.

With that in mind here is the list of things I remember off the top of my head.  I'll follow
thread and put out a summary note.  I'm putting people's names next to items I remember them

mentioning; I'm not assigning work :)

Java 5 Ready
JPA Integration (Open JPA / Cayenne) (I think Dain or Blevins ?)
Clustering support (Gianny / Jeff)
Pluggable JACC (Jencks)
Performance (Matt)

Lot's of other stuff I'm missing ?