geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Hogstrom <m...@hogstrom.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Specs organization, versioning, and releasing
Date Mon, 21 Aug 2006 13:55:45 GMT

Jason Dillon wrote:
> PROPOSAL:
>
> 1.  Each spec will no longer be split up into trunk+branches+tags. There
> will instead be one trunk+branches+tags for all specs laid out as follows:
>
>     specs/trunk/pom.xml
>     specs/trunk/<artifactId>
>     specs/tags/<artifactId>-<version>
>     specs/branches/

What is the layout for branches?  Right now it is the major version with all the specs underneath

it.  For instance, there is 1_1, 1_1_1 (not sure why we use _'s here and .'s elsewhere).
branches
would follow the same layout like:

specs/branches/geronimo-activation_1.0.2/1_1 as opposed to specs/branches/1_1/geronimo-activation_1.0.2.

Or do you intend to leave branches alone?