geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: 1.1.1 Status - XSD and DTD issues
Date Fri, 18 Aug 2006 20:12:46 GMT

Dain Sundstrom wrote:
> On Aug 18, 2006, at 10:01 AM, Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:
>
>> Matt Hogstrom wrote:
>>> Well, the problem is that we distribute the source code for Geronimo out
>>> of SVN and these would end up being included.  I think that falls into
>>> the category of redistribution.  Hopefully I'm wrong on that count :)
>>
>> Right, so why not just take them out of SVN?  I guess it would mean that
>> you could only build when online, but as we're just trying to find a
>> simple solution to get 1.1.1 out, I figure that we can do that and
>> resolve the fundamental issue this creates later.
>
> As a service to our users, we can simply include a download.[jar|sh|bat]
> in the schema directory that downloads the schemas from sun's website.
> To protect ourselves from sun's site reorganizations and propensity
> update the schemes, we can first download the list of schemas from
> geronimo.apache.org site.
>
> WDYT?

I think that's a good idea, especially as a quick fix for the problem.

I do wonder how easy it would be to make a set for ourselves.  This
problem is going to repeat itself w/ Java EE 5 and EE 6 (if there is
one).   I've asked that these be distributed in future versions under a
license that works for us - it turns out CDDL doesn't appear to because
it's source (of a sort...) -  I suggested public domain.