geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Hernan Cunico <hcun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Fw: wiki.apache.org/geronimo going out of production
Date Fri, 18 Aug 2006 18:40:41 GMT
Just to clarify/summarize, we had this discussion on the dev list already.

To (very) briefly recap:
- we voted for using Confluence instead of Moin Moin
- we got Confluence working within the ASF -> cwiki
- moved the Atlassian hosted documentation to the new ASF hosted cwiki
- migrated the valid/relevant content from Moin Moin to cwiki
- A note was sent earlier this month with details about the migration
   status and proposed taking out of service Moin Moin depending on
   feedback. See thread
   http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@geronimo.apache.org/msg28754.html

To date, no negative feedback has been provided preventing us from
taking Geornimo's Moin Moin wiki down on the proposed date.

Some additional background info, while migrating the wiki I needed some
wiki backups. To get those backups I needed the PMC to "authorize" my
requests so infrastructure would provide the very much needed files. To
remove Geronimo's Moin Moin wiki (wiki.apache.org/geronimo) direct PMC
involvement is also needed.

That is basically why I sent the note directly to the PMC.

We keep getting updates on the Moin Moin wiki, the sooner we resolve
this wiki redundancy the better and less confusing will be for all of us.

At the same time, I would also propose to remove the Geronimo space we
still have at Atlassian
http://opensource.atlassian.com/confluence/oss/display/GERONIMO/Home

Does anybody objects to remove that space?

Cheers!
Hernan