geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Rick McGuire <rick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Start JavaMail by default in 1.1.1?
Date Wed, 09 Aug 2006 10:15:04 GMT
Aaron Mulder wrote:
> I don't see a great reason that we're not starting the JavaMail module
> by default.  Granted, the user may need to change the SMTP server, but
> it's going to be easier if they don't need to enable the module too
> (e.g. the console usually doesn't see disabled GBeans, and the
> load=false is easy enough to miss in config.xml).
I think this is probably a good idea.  Most of the problems I've seen
with users attempting to use javamail have been caused by the fact the
javamail module has not been started.  This usually manifests as a
provider resolution failure because the transport jars are not showing
up in the classpath.  Because the spec jars ARE there by default, this
error doesn't show up until it is used.