geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Gianny Damour <gianny.dam...@optusnet.com.au>
Subject Re: Regarding Exploded Deployments
Date Mon, 07 Aug 2006 15:03:10 GMT
Hi Manu,

Thanks for having a look at this piece of code. EJB modules do not need
to be auto-exploded as they are JAR modules and the classloader used to
load EJB classes (a MulitParentClassLoader) can directly load classes
from JARs. In the case of WEB modules, they need to be exploded as,
AFAIK, Jetty and Tomcat do not support packed WAR modules.

Also, while re-reading my email, I spotted a potential
mis-interpretation. The problem you are raising only happens when an EAR
module contains a non-exploded WAR module. In other words, if you unjar
web.war within a web.war sub-folder, then everything should be OK.

Thanks,
Gianny