geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <>
Subject Re: plugin site(s?) need to be updated with newer versions
Date Fri, 04 Aug 2006 15:31:12 GMT
Ah yes ... now I remember the thread.  It seems that we may need to
revive this discussion not only for the plugins but also for the
dependency versions as well until we have a consistent solution that
will work for both cases.  We'll also need to address the case of build
numbers/SNAPSHOTs/REVISIONS/etc... as indicated in GERONIMO_1637

Paul McMahan wrote:
> Joe,  Here's some discussion on plugin versioning you may want to check
> out:

> Dain proposed a simple globbing approach that was well received, but
> AFAIK it hasn't been implemented yet.
> Paul
> On 8/4/06, Joe Bohn <> wrote:
>> It appears that the plugin site ( needs to be
>> updated to reflect the new Geronimo version numbers.  At the moment, if
>> you search for plugins using the 1.1 branch image (Geronimo
>> 1.1.2-SNAPSHOT) or with a 1.1.1 branch image (Geronimo 1.1.1) none of
>> the plugins are marked as available.  The metadata for the plugins only
>> indicates that they are valid for Geronimo 1.1.1-SNAPSHOT (this no
>> longer exists) or Geronimo 1.1.
>> Can somebody with the proper authority update the
>> site?  Are there other plugin sites that need to be updated?
>> Also, would it make sense relax the version verification some to ignore
>> anything in a version following the "-" on the server version?  If the
>> plugin as only specified as "1.1.1" and we didn't include the
>> "-SNAPSHOT" from a pre-release image then the plugin registry wouldn't
>> have to change when we cut the official release.  It seems reasonable to
>> me that a plugin targeted for 1.1.1 should be mostly functional with a
>> SNAPSHOT drop of 1.1.1 prior to the official release.  thoughts?
>> Joe

View raw message