geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Hernan Cunico <hcun...@gmail.com>
Subject Wiki migration
Date Thu, 03 Aug 2006 18:34:35 GMT
Hi All,
I've been reviewing the content we have in the Moin Moin wiki and it is
way more out of date than I thought it would be.

I initially thought that it would be easier to do the "housekeeping"
once we had the content migrated to Confluence but after a more detailed
analysis of the actual content to migrate I found out that there is
really little content to move over. This is either because we already
have that content categorized and up to date or the Moin Moin content is
so out of date that is not relevant anymore.

So, did some cleaning and detailed review of the Moin Moin content (
thanks Jason for helping with Moin Moin ;-)   ),  ran the migration
again (thanks Don for providing the migration tools and continuous
support) and came up with a very reduced list of pages that, IMHO,
should actually be migrated and integrated to the current cwiki. These
pages are listed in the yellow box at the top of the front page, here is
the link to the partially migrated space.

http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GMOxMoinMoin

I know we all focused on getting v1.1.1 out of the door now so how about
time to review it untill next Friday Aug 11. Not sure if this calls for
a vote ( we kinda did that already) but if there are not -1/negative
comments I would propose to give wiki.apache.org/geronimo a proper
burial and get it out of production.

If anybody thinks that any other page should be included pls send me the
page name (and link) and we'll review it.

Thanks

Cheers!
Hernan