geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo site POC using Confluence & Autoexport
Date Sat, 05 Aug 2006 02:14:44 GMT
IMO, there are 2 major issues that need to be resolved before we
could make this work for our main website:

1) Add a scheduled export feature to AutoExport (w/per space
configuration)

2) We need access to the file-system that AutoExport uses to write
static pages so we can massage them a bit and check them into SVN, so
we can use the mechanism on people.apache.org:/www to sync
geronimo.apache.org.

  * * *

#1 also implies what we have access to the local file system to
install a new version of the plugin... and have perms to restart
Confluence to get the changes picked up.

We also need to get the Utilities plugin installed, so that we can
make use of a few other advanced macros which will help us make a
more flexible and dynamic site.

  * * *

I guess if we were forced to.... we could write a cronjob to "click"
export on the admin page to export every hour or so.  Which means
someones account credentials are in the open... :-(

And we could probably use a something to suck down all of the static
pages via http and then use that as the basis for massaging (fixing
hostname, etc) and then check that into SVN.

Though... the sync to people and then the sync that it does to make a
site live will really slow down the edit-view-public cycle.

I wish we had more control over our own websites.... :-(

--jason