geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: Maven2... we are almost there!
Date Mon, 07 Aug 2006 01:41:30 GMT
On Aug 6, 2006, at 2:05 PM, Aaron Mulder wrote:
> * If a Geronimo server is running on the same machine, the bootstrap
> will fail due to test errors.  It failed before OpenEJB was checked
> out.

Is this specific to the m2 build?  What are the specific errors, in
which modules?

> * There does not seem to be a way to get bootstrap to skip tests.  I
> think it should skip test for everything.  The most important function
> of bootstrap is to get up and running as quickly as possible, not to
> run tests.  This would avoid the issue above, and improve the first
> build speed.

Bootstrap is not meant to get everything up and running as quickly as
possible... it only exists as a temporary measure to help ensure that
the team can build and get predictable results while minimizing user
error.

> * I accidentally ran bootstrap under Java 5.  Since then, my Geronimo
> 1.1 OpenEJB build is breaking on account of bad CORBA specs.  I don't
> get it (M1/M2?), and I'm having trouble getting 1.1 to build again.

Um... you might have more problems going on that are unrelated to m2...

--jason