geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Heinz Drews" <heinz.dr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Eclipse as development tool for Geronimo components
Date Thu, 31 Aug 2006 04:45:32 GMT
Generally I was successful using Eclipse to debug server components.
As Paul mentioned for each of the modules different steps are required
to deploy the changes.

I build the jar using maven inside the module directory.  With this
approach I have experienced a litte problem.  Because Eclipse is
running immediate compiles the *.class files are uptodate and maven
skips the compilation.  This causes the failures because we have a
number of serializable classes without serialVersionUID.  The embedded
compiler in Eclipse generates differently to javac.

Therefore ist required to delete all *.class before running maven.

Best would be to have serialVersionUID set in all cases.

Heinz

I'm looking for a solution to set .classpath properly for the modules
referring xmlbeans