geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Sachin Patel <sppat...@gmail.com>
Subject GERONIMO-2324
Date Thu, 17 Aug 2006 12:06:07 GMT
So does anyone have any ideas on an agreeable solution to this JIRA?
I don't think David's comments in the JIRA as an alternate solution
don't fully address the problem.

(1) Need to be able to provide external individual jar entries to the
shared library
(2) Need to be able to add additional external classes folder to the
shared library
(3) Do both without having to modify the server config which requires
a server restart, which needs to be avoided.  At worst case the
shared lib config should need to be recycled.

This again I must stress, is a development time scenario to be able
to treat Geronimo as a "test environment".  I understand the
implications of doing this, and agree that this should not be an in-
production feature that we should be promoting.  But in order to
improve our tooling integration with the runtime, we must start
putting in features that may not necessarily make sense from a pure
runtime perspective but certainly does from a development standpoint.

Input appreciated.

-sachin