geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Christopher Blythe" <cjblyth...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DayTrader with an AJAX based Web interface
Date Wed, 09 Aug 2006 18:29:56 GMT
All,

Here's a first pass at a new Web 2.0, AJAX-based, Web interface for
DayTrader! Take a look at and let me know what you think:

http://porky.hogstrom.org:8080/dojo_trader/daytrader.html

FYI - I highly suggest using Firefox or Mozzilla to view this. Also, thanks
to Matt Hogstrom for his assistance.

This is merely a first pass that provides all of the operational features of
DayTrader "classic", but also leverages the various javascript libraries
(widget, io, storage, etc.) within the Dojo toolkit to provide a better user
experience. Eventually, I would like for this to serve as an addition to
DayTrader 2.0 and would like feedback and other contributions on how we can
evolve DayTrader to look less like a traditional browser-based,
click-and-wait type application and more like a stand-alone app. I am by no
means a javascript or CSS expert, so any help, recommendations, etc.  would
be gratefully appreciated...

Thanks...

Chris