geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <>
Subject Disallow 1.5 on trunk (until its actually supported)?
Date Sun, 20 Aug 2006 07:44:29 GMT
I keep running into problems switching my local jdk (ala setjdk) from
1.4 to 1.5 and forgetting to switch it back again when making G builds.

I though it would be nice if the build would fail early if I had the
wrong JDK configured.  So, I wroke a require-java-version goal in a
new tools-maven-plugin (in Genesis), which allows the build to fail
early.  It uses Mac OS X-style version suffix tokens (+ and *) to
allow selection.

I've set it up for GShell which needs 1.5, but I was wondering if we
should configure this goal in trunk and set it to 1.4* so that if you
are using 1.5 it will puke early with a meaningful error.

Seems like folks who build with 1.5 run into errors... so maybe its a
good thing to force 1.4?

View raw message